Monday 10 October 2011

New Start

Right this is how it works. From today this has become a weekly blog. I've just decided that! I made an executive decision. It's MY blog, I'm in charge, I make all the decisions, ok? It's developing into a blog about poetry and that was definitely not my intention. I am therefore going to make a conscious effort not to talk about poetry. My two loyal readers are going to get the impression that I'm a poetry geek - and I'm not. In fact I'm not any sort of geek, there it's official. Talking about poetry.......this is the last time I'll mention it - promise, I am going to end each blog with one of my poems. That way I get to talk about random stuff plus I get a chance to showcase some of my poems. I welcome feedback if only to confirm that I'm not talking to myself.....

I didn't realise it was National chocolate week this week until I saw it trending on Twitter. Tell you the truth I didn't even realise there was such a thing as chocolate week until today. I'm all in favour of it though, apparently chocolate week runs from the 11th to the 17th of October. Is there any week that isn't a 'something' week these days?  There was a story on the local news tonight about a twelve year old school boy who had been suspended for setting up a tuck shop  and selling chocolate to his school friends Apparently he had made a profit of £1000 in two weeks! People were asked for their opinions on the story. 'Should he have been suspended or congratulated for being an entrepeneur'  Dragon, Duncan Bannatyne tweeted the programme saying  'No! He should get a bleedin' medal, sack the head teacher.'

For some reason I'm fancying a bar of chocolate now........

Until next week I'll leave you with this:


PIANO

In a winter white room
Stands a Grand piano
Silent,
Untouched by human hands
Un-played and silent
Composed
That piano stands

In dark shadows of a jail cell
Sits a man
Silent
Untouched by emotion
Unloved and silent
Decomposing
Sits that man

In the winter white room
And the shadowy cell
A ghostly voice
Is often heard
Echoing through the walls


[1] ‘Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too’


[1] Extract from Imagine by John Lennon

I thought this was appropriate as yesterday would have been John Lennon's 71st birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment