Thursday 6 October 2011

Introductions

Well, here it is, my first blog ever. It's never too late to start something new, I should get a T shirt made with that slogan on it. I've been meaning to start a blog for ages but....well, the truth is I'm the definition of technophobe. I was just reading a writing website and it mentioned 'Blogger' I was attracted to this site because it said 'Easy to use' I've heard that one before. I'll see how it goes. I don't know about anybody else but whenever I sign up to a new site, Facebook, Twitter, Blogger....and am asked to write a profile, I freeze. I wonder if this is normal. I have decided to leave it for now until something interesting pops into my head - it could be a while!

I like writing poetry so I think I might use this blog to showcase some of my efforts. I would appreciate your feedback.


SNOW JOKE – a Lancashire tale

Bill the grumpy man next door  
Often gave my mum what for
Her little cherubs he complained
Were running wild and unrestrained

Chance came for sweet revenge one day
As she beckoned us to come and play
In snow that had fallen two feet deep
While we’d been drifting off to sleep

What possessed him we don’t know
But Bill had been and cleared our snow
Perhaps the path was his device
To end the feud and break the ice

But mummy’s angels had been wronged
And for this moment she had longed
A chance to air her deep frustration
Off she stormed for a confrontation

Face to frosty face she came
With the perpetrator of her pain
Hands on hips she pursed her lips
Warrave yer done wi’ our snow? she quipped

Bill was taken quite aback
By this incredulous attack
I’ve cleared a path for you he mumbled
Put that snow back, it’s ours she grumbled

Bill’s jaw dropped in disbelief
Lost for words that slippery thief
The poor old wretch had met his match
When he ventured on to mummy’s patch

So off he trundled with his spade
Quite disgruntled and dismayed
To re-instate our stolen snow
Truth or fiction?  No - one knows





2 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara,

    I remember this when you first read it out in class. Always an entertaining poem.

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks Ashley. If you remember it from 3 years ago - well, that's encouraging.

    ReplyDelete